Friday, January 7, 2011

Creamy Broccoli Soup

I made the greatest soup today. This was so awesome!! I have had broccoli soup before, but nothing that tasted this good :) The recipe was in my RCB Band cookbook for "Broccoli Soup" and I was ready to make it, however, I ran into a problem. I thought that it called for cream of mushroom soup when it actually called for mushroom soup. I had none on hand so voila! A new recipe "Creamy Broccoli Soup" was born with the cream of mushroom soup :)

Broccoli Soup

Ingredients:

1 (16 oz) frozen broccoli
1 large carrot
1 medium onion
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter
1 cup water
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
1 can cream chicken soup
1 can cream mushroom soup
2 soup cans milk

Directions:

Chop broccoli, carrot and onion together (fine). Pour into saucepan. Cover with water. Cook until tender. Stir in cream cheese, cut into small cubes. After cheese melts, add cream chicken soup, cream mushroom soup, salt and milk. Stir in butter. Cook over medium heat to boiling. Do not overcook. Enjoy!



I served it with baguettes brushed with basil leaves and balsamic vinaigrette. Dip this in the soup...it is heaven!!! Wonderful for a chilly, snowy day at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment