Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tomato Tortellini Soup

Normally our soup and sandwich night is on Fridays,but tonight, my husband had to stay a little bit later at work for a friend's retirement party so we went ahead and served it tonight. I went with Tomato Tortellini Soup which is in my mini flip cookbook-5 ingredients or less (thanks to my mother-in-law Tina for this gift :)

Ingredients:

2 (10 3/4) cans condensed tomato soup
1 (9-oz) pkg. refrigerated tortellini
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I didn't have grated on hand so I sprinkled the canned version on top)



How in the world I ended up with 3 different brands of tomato soup, I have no idea!

Dilute soup as directed on can. In a saucepan over medium heat warm the soup and tortellini until the soup boils, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Add peas and simmer for 2 more minutes until the torellini is tender. Sprinkle cheese over soup before serving. Yields 4 servings.

*I used 4 cans of soup, but still used the same amount of everything else (need more soup for my large family)

I served the soup with white american grilled cheese sandwiches. Delicious!

1 comment: