Thursday, December 9, 2010

Custard Pie

I needed a recipe for a dish to serve to my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) friends at our last meeting. It was about an hour before bedtime when I remembered I had to bring a snack. I started flying through my cookbooks when my 12 year old son walked up with a cookbook that he and his friends had made in his 6th grade HomeEc class the year before. "Can I make a dish out of my cookbook?", he asked. I could use some time off of my feet so I answered with, "Sure, knock yourself out!" 1 hour later, my aspiring chef had baked one of the most tasty pies I have ever eaten. Thanks Cameron (and his friend Matthew Cunningham for adding this recipe to their book)!!

Custard Pie

Ingredients:

1 prepared 8 inch pie crust
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup milk
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to bake 350F. In a medium bowl, beat eggs for approximately 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, butter, milk, evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Mix well. Pour mixture into pastry shell. Bake 45-60 minutes, until top is light brown. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Serve warm or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment