Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Southwestern Pasta Casserole


I have been snippin' away at my recipes. I love recipes...you just don't understand. Yes, we have our regular faves, but if I could make a new recipe each day for the rest of my life, I would. I just love finding new tastes that tops the last! I think I definitely found a new fave! Now, I just had my wisdom teeth out so it was tough for me to eat this without cutting it into tiny baby size pieces, but I just did not want to miss out on this new dish! The added sour cream definitely helped! We made 2 separate pans, one with chopped green chiles and one without as we knew some of the younger kiddos would prefer without. 

Here it is! 

Ingredients:

12 oz ziti pasta
1 can (15 oz) chili
1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, 5 oz

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 1/4-qt baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to directions; drain. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix chili, enchilada sauce, chiles, cilantro and 1/2 cup cheese; stir in pasta. Transfer to baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes or until hot in center. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with sour cream, cilantro sprig and hot peppers. 





Final Photo Taken by Me ;)



Servings: 6                                        Trans Fat: 0 g.                                    Sugar: 5 g.
Calories: 431                                     Chol: 25 mg                                       Kitchen time: 20 minutes
Protein: 20 g.                                     Carbs: 52 g                                        Total time: 1 hour, 20 min
Fat: 16 g.                                           Sodium: 815 mg
(8 g. sat.)                                           Fiber: 4 g.




No comments:

Post a Comment