Monday, November 1, 2010

Broccoli Casserole I

I have been making this recipe for years (I made this last night for a dinner with friends). I found it 15 years ago when I worked for the FBI and we did a cookbook fundraiser for the Child Development Center on the FBI grounds. I changed a few things about the recipe which made it so much better!

Broccoli Casserole I

Ingredients:

1 cup Minute Rice
1 can mushroom soup or 1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg chopped broccoli (10 oz frozen)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup hot water
1 small jar Cheez Whiz
1 stick butter

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together. Place in casserole baking dish. Sprinkle the top with Pepperidge Farm seasoned bread crumbs. Bake for 1 hour for 350F.

***Instead of cheez whiz, I use the Ragu cheese sauce. Also instead of the Pepperidge Farm bread crumbs, I tear pieces of bread and lay on top. I then sprinkle it with oregano and italian seasonings. I think it tastes so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment