Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fresh Basil Pesto

Having no Basil Pesto on hand and refusing to pay the local market's current price, I decided to browse the web for an easy recipe. It was delicious!

Fresh Basil Pesto

Ingredients:

3 cups fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, nuts, garlic and cheese. Pour in oil slowly while still mixing. Stir in salt and pepper.

Toss with cooked pasta or whatever you choose to use it for. I drizzled this over my Zucchini-Wrapped Pork (recipe listed before this one)




**Shortcut**

I didn't have any fresh basil leaves on hand so I used 1/3 cup of dried basil for each cup of fresh for a total of 1 cup dried basil. Sometimes they will try to suggest to you not to ever use dried basil in place of fresh, but it was awesome!! So either way you decide to make will taste good. I also nixed the walnuts and it still tasted great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment