Friday, January 14, 2011

Scallion Rellenos Squares

Funny story...thought I had a can of green chilies, but as I scanned my pantry I came up empty :( Same story with the sharp cheddar cheese it called for...only had mild on hand. I had already tempted the family with this recipe so I had to make it with a substitute...behold, a new recipe was born!

Scallion Rellenos Squares

Ingredients:

4 green onions
4 eggs, beaten
6 Tablespoons milk
1 (8 oz) pkg mild cheddar cheese

Line the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 inch dish with the chopped green area (scallions) of the green onions. in a large blow, combine remaining ingredients and pour evenly over scallions. Bake at 325F for 25 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into small squares.

4 comments:

  1. Luv the title of your blog! following from the blog hop and hope you can follow me too at www.threejewelsinmycrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and delicious! That's my kind of recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a new recipe keeper :). I just found your site and I am happy to be following you now. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete