Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Microwave Taco Burgers

I am working out of my RCB marching band cookbook this week and came across this recipe for tonight's dinner. I had to double it for my large family of course. This was one of the tastiest things I have ever made!!

Microwave Taco Burgers

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 1/4 pkg. mild taco seasoning mix
2 Tbsp mild salsa
4 sandwich buns
4 tomato slices
1 cup chopped lettuce
1 cup sour cream (if desired)

Directions:

Microwave directions: In medium bowl, combine ground beef, seasoning mix and salsa; mix well. Shape into 4 patties. Place on microwave-safe roasting rack. Cover with wax paper. Microwave for 5 to 7 minutes or until desired doneness, turning and rearranging patties after 3 minutes. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Place a patty on botton half of each bun. Top each with 1 tomato slice, 1/4 cup lettuce and sour cream. Cover each with top half of bun.



I served the burgers with baked potatoes and corn :)


**I am not a fan of tomatoes and didn't care to have lettuce either like the rest of my family. Just as delicious with the patty and sour cream on a bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment