Thursday, January 27, 2011

Light and Crispy Waffles

My family loves a change of pace when it comes to dinner. What better way than to switch it up every few weeks and have breakfast!! I have had my waffle iron for 15 years, but have only ever made gallettes on it. This is my first time ever making homemade waffles :)

Light and Crispy Waffles

Ingredients:

2 cups biscuit mix
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
1 1/3 cups club soda

Directions:

Preheat waffle iron. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir by hand. Pour just enough batter to cover waffle iron.




**I added about 2 Tbsp of vanilla extract to make them a little sweeter, but it is completely up to you. They are also good with a few pinches of powdered sugar :)

Tip: To have waffles for a "company weekend", make all waffles in advance. Freeze separately on cookie sheet and place in large plastic bags. To heat, warm at 350F for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dede, Congratulations! You're one of the lucky winners of my Valentine's Day Giveaway. Please reply with your name and mailing address. I'll send out your prize promptly. Thank you again for participating the very first giveaway on my blog. I appreciate your supports and please visit my blog again soon.

    Warm Regards,
    Amy [AT] uTry [DOT] it

    http://utry.it/

    ReplyDelete