Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Best-Ever Onion Rings

Since I do not use a deep fryer on a regular basis, this was the first time I have ever made homemade onion rings. I found this recipe in my 5 ingredient flip book. They turned out so delicious!!

Best-Ever Onion Rings

Ingredients:

3 large onions, peeled and trimmed
1 cup flour
1 tsp paprika
1 cup beer
Vegetable oil

Directions:

Cut onions cross wide into 1/2 inch slices; separate into rings. In a bowl, combine flour and paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add beer; stir with wire whisk until foam is gone. Toss onion rings with batter and transfer to plate, letting excess batter drip off as you transfer. In a deep-fryer, heat 2 inches of oil to 375F. Drop batter-coated onion rings into oil. Fry for 2-4 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels before serving.



**I used canola oil for the deep fryer, less fat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment