Friday, February 25, 2011

Pecan Bark

This recipe actually started out as supposed to being Pecan Macaroons, but I didn't follow the directions exactly and they all came out completely flat. I didn't want to waste it so I took one look at it and thought....Pecan Bark!!! Here is what I did wrong with the original recipe that created this tasty dish!

Pecan Bark

Ingredients:

2 cups finely ground pecans
2 eggs
1 cup sugar

Directions:

In blender or food processor, finely grind nuts and set aside.

In bowl, beat eggs (this may be where I messed up, I simply took a wisk and wisked at it for a few seconds, probably did not become stiff enough).

Next stir in sugar and mix well.

Add pecans and shape into balls (I thought that the recipe was a little too runny to shape into balls so I used my trusty Pampered Chef cookie scoop and scooped them onto a greased cookie sheet (make sure it is greased well).

You are supposed to flatten with fork, but they had pretty much run flat on their own.

Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until light brown.

Scrape off of pan.




We served this over top of vanilla ice cream and it was just heavenly! Not bad for a recipe gone wrong :)

If you try this recipe and it comes out as the original recipe, Pecan Macaroons, you're the champ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment